Ideal Weight Calculator Lose weight, gain weight, maintain weight?
Ideal weight calculator: slim, gain, or maintain weight?
The ideal weight calculator will help you with numbers related to gaining, losing or maintaining weight.
Diet (food, food) and liquids. Each ingredient has its own energy load and this should be taken into account when we want to create a picture of our calorie intake and expenditure.
Here is a question: how can one lose weight? On the Internet, you will find many articles focused on this topic. The issue revolves around exercise and diet.
These two components together accompany each other approximately 50:50.
If we want visible results we cannot ignore either.
- Because exercise alone is not enough, we also need to eat (well).
- Because diet alone is not enough, we also need to move (if we go about it sensibly and healthily, not reductively).
Of course, we are aware of several situations in which the intention may be to correct/adjust or reduce weight. Also, changing the distribution and proportion of fat and "converting" it into muscle mass.
We can do without numbers...
In the long run, we can roughly assess how we have been eating and whether the food has been balanced.
At the same time, it is important to have a rational and balanced diet that contains all essential nutrients (macro and micro).
If we are not pro athletes or we don't intend to add pounds of muscle mass to our bodies, we don't need to focus on any special diets.
Value can help us.
This value describes how much energy we should take in at the first moment, regardless of certain goals.
The second moment, the value already determines the approximate value of the daily caloric intake.
Between these values balances the intention - weight loss, maintenance, weight gain...
The targeting, the value of the daily energy intake and the caloric data of the food are then common items.
The calculator will then give us an approximate measure of the energy around which we should move.
Why only an approximation?
No internet calculation is accurate. Our body, metabolism and all the processes in the body are influenced by variables that cannot be included in a simple calculation.
Also helpful are the approximate values of energy expenditure given in the table.
Table: Energy expenditure in kJ and fat loss in grams for a person weighing 70 kg during one hour of activity
|Approximate energy consumption and fat loss in a person with 70 kg body weight / per hour|
|Activity||kJ/hour||kcal/hour||fat loss g/hour|
|Walking 5 km/hr.||850||203||29|
|Run 9 km/hr.||2800||669||95|
|Bicycle 9 km/hr||1100||236||37|
|The values are only approximate and vary from person to person.|
We know that when we want to lose weight, we need to take in slightly less energy than we need during the day.
If our intention is the opposite, i.e. to gain weight, we will consume more calories than we need for the day.
It is also called negative or positive energy balance.
To maintain the same body weight = balanced energy.
Also directly related is the composition of our diet and therefore the ratio of nutrients (macro- and micro-nutrient content).
Basically, the idea is that the distribution of essential nutrients, i.e. proteins, fats and sugars, should roughly follow our intent.
Macronutrients = proteins, fats and sugars.
The recommended composition of the diet and essential nutrients in the diet is approximately 10% protein : 26% fat : 64% sugars. Which is approximately 0.8 g protein : 1 g fat : 6.5 g carbohydrate - per 1 kg body weight for 1 day.
An example is the nutrient distribution recommendations for physical activity groups:
- P - Protein, F - Fats, CS - carbohydrates/sugars
- bežná aktivita = P 10 - 15 % : F 15 - 30 % : CS 55 - 75 %
- vytrvalostné aktivity = P 15 % : F 25 % : CS 60 %
- rýchlostné športy = PB 10 - 25 % : F 15 - 30 % : CS 55 - 60 %
- silové športy = P 20 % : F 30 % : CS 50 %
NOTE: let's also not forget to drink adequately. This must be adapted not only to the physical activity, but also to the season.
More Health Library articles to supplement the information:
- BMI: How to calculate body mass index? Calculator + formula
- Essential nutrients in the human diet: what are proteins, sugars, fats?
- Weight loss and calorie deficit: what is it and how is it calculated? + Calculator
- How to lose weight and break down/burn fat?
- How to lose weight healthily? Diet for weight loss. Beware of pointless diets
- Create your own training plan: how to start exercising?
- Calorie tables: what are the nutritional/nutrient values of meals, foods?
Table: some types of activities and their approximate energy requirements for one hour of activity for a person weighing around 70 kg
|Sitting, watching TV||418||100|
|Lawn mowing - mower||1297||310|
|Walking the dog||883||211|
|Walking in the mountains||2050||490|
|Bicycle 16 km/h||1757||420|
Other useful calculators:
- BMI Index Calculator Low, ideal or high body weight?
- WHR Index Calculator Waist-to-Hip Ratio Calculator
- BMR calculation - calculator What is my basal metabolic rate?
- Calculator: daily calorie intake TDEE - energy requirement + calculation
- Calculator:Target Heart Rate - Heart Rate Zones and Training Intensity
- Calculator: kJ/kcal converter How to convert kJ and kcal?